Monday, January 08, 2007

Some Vacation Pics

I just got an email from my good friend, K. She let me know that she has a blog with pics of family and friend. I so appreciated seeing all of her pictures that I thought I should really post some of ours. The biggest surprise with seeing people that you haven't seen in a while is that their children are all grown up compared to the mental picture you stored away. Since I expect we will meet up with all of you in six months or so I thought I better remember to post pics of the family so you will recognize the girls!!!!



This is the girls in the swimming pool at the big hotel we visited. It was so nice for them to be able to swim since there are no options up here on the hillside. That is one of the things I want the girls to be able to do when we get back to Canada; have swimming lessons.




B and the girls on Christmas morning in our wee hotel room. We all had something to unwrap; two days before, we ventured out to one of the big markets and bargained our way into gifts for everyone. Then we got together with the other folks who had come down for the Writer's Workshop (That was one of the reasons we were at the beach for the holidays. B joined up with this Writer's Workshop.) We sang some carols, shared and listened and had Christmas dinner of rice, chowmein, fish with broccoli, channa masala and for dessert, traditional fruit cake brought specially from England.


And here are P and I on the beach. At first P wasn't so happy with the ocean. She kept saying,"It's trying to get me!" But by the end of vacation, she was running into the waves with abandon; although only up to her belly button!

And she loves the sand; her favourite activity was smashing sand castles. She would stand by as B and I built something and eagerly ask, "Can I stomp it?"

Hopefully, we'll have some snow picture before the end of the month. Somehow winter break feels incomplete when there is no snow. The first few winters I was away from Canada I really missed the Winter Wonderland. So to get over homesickness I would look for National Geographic Specials on northern countries so I could see people in the snow!!! A couple of times I even got to see some snowmobile racing, very Northwestern Ontario. I hear there is a serious lack of snow this year, so I'll be praying for a snowy winter next year!!!

4 Comments:

At 2:22 AM, Blogger Erin Rebecca said...

Nice to see the family pictures. I love the one of you and Pips. sooo cute. and kinda artistiky. Christmas in a tiny hotel room and no snow and no tree and all the trimmings must have been different but those aren't the important things (no news to you) so I'm sure it was great anyhow...
Love hearing about your days. Wish we could see you in 6 months:(
Is Moscow on your way home??:)

 
At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't wait to see you. I was blown away by Krista's pics as well as her kids have grown so much!! It feels like we've all stayed the same age but our kids keep growing up! love ya
Paula

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting those pics Mar. So good to see everyone. The girls are all so big! Can't wait to see you guys soon. Hugs to everyone.

Krista

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mar, great to see the pictures. i have been sick for the past 3 weeks. hopefully this cough will go away. But other than checking blogs and a few online games, I haven't accomplished much.
Kathleen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home