Thursday, December 06, 2007

On the move again...

Yup, it's that time again time to pack up and haul ourselves to a new home. Despite the fact that the tone of that sentence might seem grudging...I am actually looking forward to a new beginning.

We will vacate this house this month and move into an apartment above my parents house. So we have all our possessions in one location and now it's time to do some serious downsizing. There are six bins in the basement...one for each of us...this it the limit of keepsakes...I am currently the worst offender. My bin is the fullest, mostly with bits of writing. I am always amazed at how much I have written down for no particular reason than to record my thoughts. I suppose there is a cathartic effect from just writting out the thoughts that run through my mind.

Anyway...summer clothes inhabit a few bins and craft things another...slowly I am sifting through things that have been stored away for most of the last 10 years. Funny to come across photos of old friends...letters from people, whose memory had faded...cards from relatives...old clothes...old books... The most disconcerting thing that I frequently come across is half-done projects...I am hoping to redeem some of these in the coming few months.
 
Meanwhile out in the snow...there is fun for all.

The girls were wondering how we would get any homeschooling done with all the fun to be had outside in the snow. So snow forts are being constructed...snow angels dot the landscape...paths weave to and fro over the piles of snow. And homeschooling is being resumed as the temperatures being to dip down.

2 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger shroomAzoom said...

What size bins? :)

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger marla said...

Rubbermaid totes...however there are currently trunks full of stuff(shoes, summer clothes, India clothes) to be dealt with later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home