Thursday, September 13, 2007

Passion, Productivity and Pay

So I am all wired up with my new task...part of the steering committee for the newly formed collaborative organization called the ENVIRONMENTAL FILM NETWORK.

We had the first showing of the National Film Board's TOXIC TRESPASS. A fantastic, although somewhat disturbing documentary on the state of health and the environment in the Windsor - Sarnia region. The plan is to follow this film with three others this fall, once a month, and see if we can maintain a level of interest that will sustain the network. I am so excited. It feels like it had been a long time since I could really sink my teeth into something that I feel passionate about...maybe that's not entirely true.

There has been plenty of things I felt passionate about, but through circumstances they have been stripped away. This feels like a new thing that I can invest time and energy and feel like I am making a contribution to the community I now find myself in. To tell the truth I am really hoping this can turn into a way that I can earn enough to make a significant contribution to supporting the family.

This convergence of passion, productivity and pay is the way to go. I feel passionate about the topic...the work isn't burdensome, I enjoy it and we have had a measure of success...so now the icing on the cake would be to be able to be paid for doing all this...we'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home