Sunday, August 12, 2007

Little thoughts...

I just got a little encouragement from a friend...thanks!!!

I just wanted to say thanks to all you who are keeping up with reading my blog. I think that the last few were more for me than anyone...just processing my inner space.

As I have reflected on this transition I am feeling like I need to find a new space to fit and I am not sure where to find it. I was hoping to catch up with Jeff and Ali while they were in the US...thinking that they would have words of wisdom as we follow them in settling back after thinking that life in the hills made sense and we would all be there a long, long time. It's not working out and that just adds to the sense of disjoint...of course, there are telephones and emails...but a chat over a cuppa is so much fuller.

So I am missing life in India...there is so much comfort I would give up to be back there again...alas, maybe the door will open in the future. My current life lesson is about not wanting what God is not giving me...learning to want what He is giving me...even if I can't see it yet!! Ahh, for the satisfaction with life that comes with living contentedly!!!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Hi Marla -- We miss you too. On our way home from church, I took a turn below Edgehill towards your house. Dan said "why are you going that way" (instead of towards the hugging tree) and I said "I think I was going to Marla's house". We love you. Things are tough here and we're feeling discouraged. We miss you, and wish we had you here to talk and pray with. Mom says the blueberries at Eagle Lake are really good this year! Stick a toe in Superior for me. Jill xo

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Carla said...

Hi Marla. I'm praying for you as you adjust. I hope that we get to catch up, soon (maybe Wednesday or Saturday :) ). I really admire the way you are working hard at settling back here! You're a excellent example for your girls and for women like me who are "watching" you.

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Marla, it's so lovely to 'hear your voice' in your blog. I forgot how much I miss India too, monkeys and disappointments and all. I find myself referring to our life there often. I applaud you for leaving India in such a memorable and slow way. We've been 'back in the west' 4 years already and every year farther away from the good slowness and simplicity of life in the east. I smiled to myself at reading about staying late at friends' houses and sleeping over...definitely not done in Colorado! (but so much fun) If I may offer my small wisdoms... Go slowly into Canadian-life. Remain a curiosity. Accept (sometimes sorrowfully) that N.Americans have a 30 second attention span and NO understanding of the life you loved and lived for the last 7 years. But rejoice at and embrace the new friend who listens with rapt eagerness to hear your story. And always only listen to the voice of truth - you did make a difference in people's lives, you did impact eternity, you continue to be Holy Ambassadors for the Kingdom, you are totally cool people! I miss you my friend and am so proud of you. You're a great wife, mom, friend, and daughter of the King.
love and hugs and lots of coffee and dark chocolate,
Cheryl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home