Sunday, June 24, 2007

Life in Boxes

Just thought that I'd take a few minutes to update you all on life here on the hillside. I talked with my parents last night and my Dad asked if I had given up on my blog...just to let you know I haven't, but life has been rather consuming lately.

We did a quick run to Mumbai last weekend for a wedding of friends...it was a whirlwind, but we were happy to be a part of the celebration. R spent the last ten days with a friend traveling in HP...I am positive that she came back two inches taller than when she left. M and A spent four days with friends and P came with us. P was in heaven for the four days that we were away...For number Four to have two parents all to herself seemed to have been as glorious as she could have imagined.

I am still feeling torn about how I feel about the move. Partly because there is so much about life here that I love...granted there are irritating things about being here that I will be glad to put behind me, but overall life has been rewarding and I would move back in a heartbeat.

One of the irritating things has been the ongoing devaluation of my role within the community... It has been a good check for me to remember that my affirmation needs to not come from without but from within. Shall I explain? ...well, at the Farewell banquet I was reminded that since I do not have a 'position' and draw a 'salary' I am not technically part of the institution; therefore I do not get a thank-you gift or a formal good-bye like each of the other staff members. In fact, six-month volunteers receive more recognition... Upon reflection I had to remind myself that I do not work for the insitution, I work for the Creator and I have needed to and continue to need to be faithful to that things I feel like he has been asking me to do. In the end, I am increasingly convinced that life is about relationship and the quality of life can be measured in the quality of relationship that I have with my Creator and the people that He has brought into my life.

However, it's that investment in relationship that makes leaving a grieving process for me. I am aware that there are many I may never see again...some, I expect to meet at the wedding feast of the Lamb...others, I can not be sure of. Some, I know that I can continue to write to and be in touch with; others, I don't even know how to send them a letter and then they won't be able to read it anyway.

...there are already people here sorting through our 'left-overs'...It's still one hour before our 'Sale' is scheduled to begin...I am planning to run away with the children and let others man the house while our things are rifled through and haggled over.

I may not post again for a month...then I should have some fun pics chronicling our travels. Bless you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home