Monday, April 30, 2007

You know you live in a small community when...

I can recall several instances when I was stunned to realize how much people know about what happens in our house and family. Like when one woman was coming to work in my house and she said I know what you like to eat...and she was right. Or when we were returning from a weekend away...we had made a last minute decision to go...and as we drove through the Bazaar the shop keepers asked how our time away was!?!

Again today I had another experience like this. Yesterday afternoon, B had taken me into the Bazaar to see a doctor...nothing serious. Usually I walk out to a friend's house on Tuesday mornings for a ladies meeting, but this morning I decided to stay home. I had no sooner made the decision when I got a call from another friend asking if we were meeting at my house since I was feeling sick...? I have no idea how she found out.

While it can be disconcerting to have your life on display...there is also a warm feeling of belonging that I appreciate. When you know that your life is being lived before the community I think it helps you to live deliberately and consciously.

1 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger raili said...

oh, crap i did it agian... i had my comment all nicely written and then lost it when i hit send!

i will leave you then with this thoguht... do you have more fun writing your thoughts or reading other peoples thoughts on yours?

love you lots!
rie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home