Tuesday, April 17, 2007

..our camera died, M turned 9 and I saw a Cardiologist!

...so as you can see by the title is has been a full weekend. What an awful time for our camera to break down...and then for fun it started working for a couple of hours and then stopped...again...

M had her 9th birthday on Friday the 13th...no bad luck in our house...just lots of snacks, small people, giggles and very little sleep. Thursday night we ended up setting up two tents in our front room and had the bigger girls in one and the slightly littler girls in the other. The big girls are all such sensible girls...they chatted...read by flashlight(torch, for those of you not in NA)...and then went to sleep. The other tent...yikes...once we got settled in ...got over being homesick ...finished the giggles ...stories ...goodnight kisses ...one moment of tears ...and finally sleep came. Until about 3:00 in the morning, suddenly there were giggles and small figures dashing through the living room, where B and I sleep; only by that point it was P and I, B had left to find a quieter spot. By 3:30 the dull roar needed to be checked; I was informed that it was midnight snack time. Finally, at 4:00, all lights were extinguished ...lullabies were sung...and silence returned to the household. Only to be broken three short hours later...time for pancakes and sausages!!!!

By the time all the children were returned to their parents ...a quiet, sleepy happiness descended.

And it was only noon on Friday. The whole weekend lay ahead of us. M got her ears pierced on Saturday...we had two picnics on Sunday... and I went to DD with a friend to see her doctor. Despite, the apparently full weekend ...we add two trunk fulls of paper stuff to the recycling bin...added a heap of clothes and books to the give-away pile and began the process of transferring ownership of our vehicle.

As for me and the Cardiologist...first visit...soundly rebuked in a quiet, but firm Eastern sort of way for not keeping my BP in check. I thought it was reasonable, but I have been told other wise. And then I was given a list of blood tests with instructions to return as soon as I get the results. So, I type with a bruise on my arm from where blood was drawn this morning...10 mLs ...seemed like an awful lot to me.

4 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Erin Rebecca said...

maybe you need to cut back on those wild parties you have at your house- they might be the cause of the high blood pressure

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Carla said...

So sorry for the sore arm. I had a doozy of a bruise after my 2 hour glucose test when I was expecting Kyla. Youch!

Please pass on our birthday greetings to Miriam!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger The Martins Home said...

My camera stopped yesterday, but it was just batteries. Keep the stories coming it is great to share in what you are doing.
Happy Birthday Miriam!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger raili said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIRIAM!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home