Thursday, March 29, 2007

oops...I have neglected to fulfill a week of daily posts!

I must say I had a fun day shopping on Wednesday. I so rarely get out of the house without one or more small people attached that being out without them is a treat in itself. Of course, P had a few last minute protests...which resulted in me forgetting to bring along the camera to share my adventures...so no pics today.

But what I did realize was that by ordering a few pieces of 'Western clothes' I have began to shift my thoughts foward. Given the appeal that clothing here has for me I would happily continue wearing what I have. But a dear friend of mine has warned me that it might make me too odd to make new friends... The other factor that dawned on me was that it would also make me miss being here...I think I would run the risk of living in the past and not looking forward for the new thing that is happening. I have been consoling myself that it doesn't mean that we won't be back, but that even in coming back it will be different here, and what we do will be different.

...B is away this weekend with the grade 5 and 6 classes...that includes R. After this weekend, we should have two weekends to sort out the house and confirm a price with the movers...or relocation experts... I must admit that the thought of preparation still gives me a bit of the pit-of-the-stomach anxiety. However, we do need to move forward.

The funny thing is that I sold my sewing machine. Truthfully, B sold it for me and when he was negotiating I was annoyed... I was so not ready that I have stalled on giving it to the man who bought it until Wednesday night. The man who bought it is a tailor and he came Wednesday night to take my measurements for a few pieces of clothing I ordered. I bit the bullet and told him he could pick it up the next day. So by Thursday Lunch I knew I had to surrender my sewing machine...I dismantled it and set it by the front door so it would be easy ...and it's gone. It's not the fact that I no longer have my sewing machine. It's the fact that it is the sewing machine that B bought me as a surprise and now it's gone. And it's the fact that it means that life is changing...and I need to be willing to yield to the forces of change or be miserable.

So I am willing myself to be willing...

I am so hoping that when I get my clothes I will really like them and be able to look forward to wearing them...which means leaving here and living in a country where I can wear them. Using a tailor around here is always a risk...sometimes they are fantastic...and sometimes they are annoyingly slow and very disappointing...



The middle photo is of the girls and two honourary uncles...our friend to the left is affectionately called Uncle Loopy and our friend to the right is called by the title Chacha ( father's younger brother.)

1 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger Erin Rebecca said...

hope your clothes work out perfectly...
and sorry you had to lose the sewing machine:(

I like that name "uncle loopy" makes me smile

 

Post a Comment

<< Home