Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Descriptive of Offspring

I wasn't going to post today...I think that everyone has heard enough about my woes regarding the impending transition. However, when visiting http://dressaday.com this morning I came across this fantastic quote...

Especially not anyone I spent a lot of time and effort PERSONALLY MAKING in my WOMB.

Erin, who writes this very fun blog, used this line referring to her son. I love it, someone I spent a lot of time and effort personally making in my womb. Of course, I am aware that there were other forces at work creating my girls inside my body...

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. -Psalm 139:13

At the same time there is an element of working with God...He doesn't decide what you eat and how well you take care of yourself...you do that...and when you are pregnant you spend a lot of your energy, physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally focused on what's going on with the tenant inside of your body.

As I consider the fact that my family has reached it's maximum size there is a pang of sadness. I have enjoyed so much of the experience of carrying, having and caring for wee ones. It is such a double edged experience...full to the brim with blessings and challenges. Now I face moving into the next phase of life...haven't had diapers in the house in over 18 months...on the cusp of having my own teenagers in the house(still 18 months away from now)... I have had to make peace with the fact that the lifestyle we are living has imposed limits on many things...including the number of children I can govern and raise.

So I will look fondly on the four small people that are in my house. When life is overwhelming, I will remind myself that I worked alongside God to bring them well into the world; and I need to continue to be with 'His program' to be able to send them well out into the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home