Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Vietnam...Hanoi and Halong Bay (edited)

Well, we are just finishing up our week in Vietnam visiting with our dear friends Mark and Anne. It has been a hot week, but nonetheless an enjoyable time just kicking back and relaxing.


Mark booked an overnight for us on a boat. We left Halong Bay on Monday morning and visited a floating fishing village...explored some amazing caves...and swam in the China Sea.

This evening we are off to Singapore for a couple of days then on to South Korea; where Cheon Ha has a jam-packed itinerary for us, hopefully including tons of KimBap...wa-hoo!!!




Sorry for that folks...I was writing this in Vietnam where everything came up in Vietnamese and I couldn't remember which buttons to click on...

One of the oddest questions came from a Tour Guide, who asked me if P's hair was natural! She has rather blond hair that has a tendency to stand on end. I realized that he was asking a serious question, so I replied that it was her natural hair. To which he commented that in Vietnam that would be very expensive hair!!!!

I was amazed the number of people who counted us when we were out. Generally, we were counted by Vietnamese in Vietnamese...however one man counted us in English and didn't notice P on my back until I walked by and he began to laugh uproariously and loudly said,"Six People!" It'll be nice to be back in a country where the culture curbs that kind of attention.

Overall we found Vietnam pleasant. Mostly the company of our dear friends was balm to our tired souls. B and I enjoyed many a cup of Vietnamese coffee...you'd be hard pressed to find a better cup of potent coffee. Apparently, after Brazil Vietnam is the second largest coffee exporter!!!

Off to Singapore...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home