Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Happy Colours, Good friends and a New Kitchen.

Well, my kitchen is usable again...

We, and when I say we I mean mostly B, painted the kitchen. You might think, no big deal, but we painted the cabinets as well as the walls. And it was a big deal!!!

The kitchen we now have had cabinets that lived there for a very long time. They had suffered from lack of attention; but being wood veneer there seemed to be little options aside from replacement. So we attacked them this weekend with melamine paint and spruced them up with new hardware and I must say I am quite pleased with the overall effect. But I have learned that using oil based paint is a pain...and melamine paint is worse...it gets sticky...it slides down the wall...and it takes forever to dry.

However, one of the biggest advantages to being back in our hometown is re-entering a circle of friends and family. So we ate at my Mom-in-laws, my parents watched the girls, my Bro-in-law and B's friend all came round to help out...

And the end result is a kitchen that makes me feel happy when I walk into it. ..Yea!!

There is an added bonus that several friends have told me they love the colours; which is very affirming for me since I love colours but do not always successfully put them together. Of course, they might be just being nice but that's okay with me because I really love my new ktichen. And I am told that the colour combo is very current and lends a retro feel to the space, which works with the mustard coloured fridge and stove!!! Double Yea!!

Unfortunately, no pics today...maybe tomorrow since I am so proud of my new kitchen and pleased that my hubby let me pic happy colours!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home