Saturday, August 11, 2007

Mourning

I think I finally put my finger on the state of affairs in our household...we are in mourning...

We have all experienced a real loss and yet life goes on. So we all do our thing and 'get on with life' and then...SMASH...you are hit with a reminder of what is missing...a dear friend...a lovely home...a way of life... And a wave of grief crests over you and crashes in on your unsuspecting soul.

...the insignificance of being...realizing how dispensable you really are...wondering if you will ever reach that coveted place called 'home'...

Of course, there is love all around but that doesn't cover the sting of loss...

I know that the potency of the sorrow will diminish. And that there will be a time when happy memories will come without the hollow feeling that reminds me that something is missing...but for now we mourn...perhaps tomorrow will dawn with reminders of joy in the present and anticipation of blessings of the future...

Now I am off to lose myself in George Macdonald's The Highlander's Last Song... one of the books that I count as an old friend...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home