Monday, October 27, 2008

Rambling of a woman hoping to be on the edge of new things.

Wow, sorry for neglecting posting for so long...I am not even sure if anyone will check on my blog since I have been on hiatus for the last four months.  It was not an intentional break, but a time where there wasn't a lot of actual conversations but a lot of inner conversation.  I had one conversation that was cautionary about writing some of the thoughts we were discussing...  I suspect that the statement wasn't meant to prohibit discussing 'hot topics' online, but just an angle on the potential downfalls of putting controversial thoughts out for all to see.

Am I settling here in this chilly little town...?  Yes, but...  I so miss life on the hillside sometimes that it overwhelms me.  Then there are moments when I so enjoy life here that I don't think about being elsewhere.  Sunday was a bit of the latter.  A full house, lots of children, a little explore out of doors, snacks, crafts, laughter and conversation...  I was so blessed to watch my house become a place full of life.  

However, later that same day I found myself grieving the loss of an abundant life.  And then I was picked up and put back together by understanding friends.  It's amazing what a cup of tea, a bowl of Mama noodles and free conversation can do for the soul.

So I sit here looking forward and wonder...  What is coming next?  What role do I have to play in being faithful with what I am and have?  Where will I wander?

To start with I will cease to wander through the night...without having my DH here I forget to go to bed on time.  And I want to be out of doors as much as possible until the chill becomes bitter cold...the girls like to start the day with a stroll then launch into 'schoolwork'.

You know, I have dear friends who know without a doubt what they were made to do; and some who are doing what they were made to do with joy despite trials.  It seems odd to me as my 36th birthday approaches that I wonder what am I made for and if I know how do I walk in that here and now...

Well, what can I say, watch this space...more thoughts from this woman, hoping that she will soon be able to laugh under a new hugging tree.

3 Comments:

At 1:15 AM, Blogger Joie said...

Wonderful to hear from you! Oh, we miss you all SO much here on the hillside, and I LOVED the description of the full house and wonderful hours on Sunday. With time, I pray that God will keep showing you what he has for you now and give you so much richness in your life that you are able to shine like a beacon where you are! Keep writing - God bless!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

I keep checking your blog, wondering when you are going to write something. It's always so good to read your blogs and hear what is on your heart. You are such a special person and I KNOW that wherever you are God is using you and has a plan for you right there. But I also know how frustrating it can be to wait...

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger The Martins Home said...

Your family is what you are called to now. That is what we have to focus on is the NOW, what will be will be. Be happy my sister, enjoy your beautiful girls. I am often reminded about how little time we actually have with our children. Enjoy it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home