Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It's been snowing!!!

I love the way it looks when it snows. Everything gets a fresh coat of sparkling white that glistens in the sunlight...



What I don't love is the lack of central heating... After two days of snow we are running low on the wood we bought that we thought would see us through the rest of the winter. However, since I am home with the girls in the daytime we have used much more than expected. And it's not even toasty warm...yesterday, I spent the day in a fleece to keep the chill off.


I just got a photo from my friend Shikha of our house...or our compound, since what you see looks like a big building, and houses five families. She must have taken this shot from her front door...it gives you an idea of the elevation differences on campus.




So the big building to the upper left is our house. The road in the lower right is the main road going anywhere from here. And the railing in the forefront is Shikha's yard. And if you look off into the distance on the upper right side you can just see the roofs of the residence buildings.


The snow is a welcome relief for the area, in years where we don't get substantial snowfall we suffer with forest fires in the late spring before monsoons. But for me there is nothing like the esthetically pleasing beautiful of freshly fallen snow...reminds me of home!

I'll post more snow pics in the next day or two...now I am off to tackle the hill...M, P and I are headed to visit a friend at the top of the hill.

1 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger Erin Rebecca said...

beautiful, so glad you got the snow. Does it get icy on the hill? It looks so interesting there. Hope you keep warm or get some more wood soon:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home